Posted by: Cris
Juneau starting out her day with a cup of milk and a contemplative gaze out at the ocean. 
The girls spent a normal morning playing around the house while I finished making preparations for the dogs arrival. I hadn't mowed the yard for at least a month and hadn't cleaned up any of the stuff from building the fence so the lanai was a disaster.
My dad called to let me know he was tracking the airplane on the Continental website as it flew over the United States and to let me know that he and mom were already missing the dogs being at their house :)
Nelson took this picture and I thought it was cute:
Finally, after a super busy morning getting the yard ready, I headed off to the airport. Clearing quarantine couldn't have been easier except Sherpa wasn't sure about the airport workers getting her out of her cage to scan her microchip so they came and got me. The only problem was that in walking into the back unloading area, all 3 of the dogs saw me as I walked back so after I got Sherpa out, scanned her chip and put her back then had to go back out to the front to finish paperwork, Denali and Summit especially starting going crazy and you could here Denali howling out at the front desk.
Sherpa loaded and ready to get out of her cage at her new home.
"Stop taking pictures and get us out of here...I've been in this cage for 14 hours and I have to PEE!!!!"
It was a battle between thirst and needing to pee so they just went back and forth at first for awhile from bowl to yard to bowl to yard.
Then a thorough exploring got underway.



They've already charted out their spots on the lanai...
...and afterwhile, figured out that we were way above them when I whistled at them.
The girls were asleep for nap when I first got home and when they got up, were super excited to see the pack. Nova helped me feed them while waiting for Juneau to get up from nap and she was in her glory carrying food dishes around and putting them down and telling the dogs they were cleared to go eat.
I told them they could watch one show before bed and next thing I knew they had cuddled up on the couch together (totally on their own)...super cute.
Summit has already made herself at home...though she is more scrubby than she has been in her entire life. A haircut is a top priority.
I am so thankful for all the efforts my parents put in to build a fence at their house, take care of the dogs for 4 months at great interruption to their lives, shuttle them to the vet and to an early morning plane an hour and a half away. Even though I know it will be nice to not have to worry about scheduling their lives around the pack, I know my dad will miss being able to go out and roughhouse with the huskies and my mom won't know what to do without Summit keeping her company around the house.



0 comments:
Post a Comment