The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 119 / 77 To Go: On the mend...

Posted by: Cris

By tonight, the girls are full-on on the mend...as evidenced by the jumping around the room tonight.



I figure I'm about 12 hours behind them with a bit of a fever this evening but starting to feel better. The biggest problem has been the feeling of being totally wiped out of any energy whatsoever. I got the fuel pump for the BMW in the mail today and went out to put it in - an easy 30 minute job just removing the old one and putting the new one it - and when I came in, I felt like I had just run a marathon. But, the good news is that we are back to having 2 working cars.



In other news, we had been waiting for the second package from mommy to complete our matching set of treasure chests from Afghanistan. Today, the package came and now we have this super cool matching set:
Complete with personalized name in-lays:

Hopefully tomorrow everything will be back to normal for everyone since I'm scheduled for an anatomy lecture tomorrow afternoon and then we're scheduled to hit up the planetarium again. I haven't told the girls since I didn't know if they'd be well enough to attend but they are going to have an absolute blast...the planetarium has been all they've talked about since we went last time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad you guys are finally feeling better! what a hard week, you guys sure needed a mama or at least a grandma! oh yes cris, i would think twice before i ate that last piece of the candy bracelet!
love, judy