Posted by: Cris
I got a text a little while ago that my parents had the dogs loaded up and were on their way to Indianapolis. Thank God for my parents - the dogs could only fly out of Indianapolis which is about 1.5 hours away from their house. The flight leaves at 6:20 a.m. and the dogs have to be there 2 hours ahead of time. Combine that with my dad's built-in "leave early just in case" buffer and they got 2 hours of sleep before loading the dogs up and heading to Indy. I'm sure the dogs were even asleep and wondering why they were being woken up at 2:00 a.m. My mom said it was 4 degrees when they left this morning...those Huskies are going to blow their coats something fierce when they get here!!
I'm not sure if my dad will know what to do without a couple huskies around...
Thank goodness for Nelson making sure to take at least a few pictures every day while I'm at work, especially on my long days like today when I wouldn't get much opportunity to take any pictures.
Nova claimed she was doing the splits here (she is quite inflexible compared to Juneau)
Let Juneau show you how it's done - Juneau has always been cirque du soleil freaky flexible

A picture of a blanket?
Nope...Nova actually!!
Without my even trying really, Nova has learned her letters thanks to Juneau. Without my realizing it, one day she just knew basically every letter I'd ask her. The moral of the story is that parenting is easy if you have a child just a bit older than the other one to teach her all the stuff she needs to know when you aren't looking. The funny part is that some of the letters she still doesn't say the name when she sees them but calls them the sound they make: What letter is this Nova? "Tuh" (instead of "Tee")
I'm excited for the pack's arrival tomorrow. Because we don't have any rabies here on the island, the quarantine process for bringining animals into the state involves navigating a complex maze of paperwork and blood tests. I think we got all our bases covered but just pray we didn't overlook anything and that they clear quarantine directly from the plane and are in their new home by tomorrow evening.



0 comments:
Post a Comment