The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 96 Down - 100 To Go: I challenge you to a duel!!

Posted by: Cris

Yes, today was my birthday and thanks to lots of awesome gestures from many friends and families, I had a great day even though I could spend it with my beautiful wife. My phone battery nearly died from all the happy birthday texts and there were emails and calls and my awesome PhD student Melanie got up super early so she could make chocolate scones (from scratch) to bring to our 7:30 a.m. biomechanics class to celebrate my birthday. Thanks to everyone for knowing that a birthday without Emilie just wouldn't be the same and going out of your way to help make it great anyway!

It is an interesting coincidence that on my birthday, the countdown to May 13 - (the day I'm guessing it will probably be until I actually see Emilie, even if she is back in the U.S. before then and even if the girls get to her before that) - is 100 days even from today. Wow that still seems like a long time! At least by the time I post tomorrow we'll be into double digits.

The girls generally are sleeping almost on top of each other at naptime.

Post nap snack and coloring

2 of my 3 beautiful girls
After a VERY long day of teaching, I got home and was so glad to spend the rest of the day with Juneau and Nova. We headed out for a little birthday outing to include a trip to shopping-play.
They quickly made a friend with this little girl in the white dress and were running from one end of the play area to the other.




Daddy's birthday dinner with his girls:
Juneau taking a picture of me while I take a picture of her.

The party continued when we headed home to eat "birthday cake Cinnabon".

Juneau and Nova blowing out their pretend candles for me.
Mommy joined us for the party on Skype
Then the girls favorite part: opening the pile of presents that had accumulated over the last few weeks.
Grandma had managed to slip a package into the pile without me noticing which included a cool Ohio State window cling for my new truck and thie Farmall H t-shirt.
Emilie found this ULTRA-COOL t-shirt...and no, Aunt Coral, you can't borrow it.
Juneau: "I'm a cupcake"
Even without wrapping, the girls loved helping open presents. Juneau is my DJ...
Emilie found her latest source for ultra-discount items (http://www.steepandcheap.com/) so I got these cool SkullCandy headphones which are normally pricey but thanks to my wife's discount shopping skills...
This skull sticker came in the package and Juneau quickly commandeered it, stuck it on her back and said "I'm going to kid's church" - (for the uninitiated, the name tag sticker at kid's church gets put on their back so they can't pull it off)
Finally, the big box was opened and revealed how awesome my wife really is (as if I didn't know it already)...
My very own Drone!!
Stay tuned to see Tim and I taking geekdom to new levels as we set out drones loose out at Kapiolani park and do virtual battle via computer software...

...Tim, consider this the official blog version of me slapping you across the face with a pair of white gloves!!

0 comments: