The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 120 / 76 To Go: Planetarium Redux

Posted by: Cris

Today was the first day things were pretty much back to normal after the bacteria incubator our house had become returned to normal infectious levels. I got up early and headed to work, still beat but without fever and with a TON of work to catch up on from being out of commission for 2 days.

The girls seemed to have their appetite back for the most part and had a normal breakfast...



At this time of year, at low tide the sand bar is an absolute bleach out in the middle of the ocean. This morning this cool 3 mast sail boat was out in the bay as well. For those of you who still are looking at snow out your window this morning, I apologize for this contrasting view of the world from my lanai :)
I did pretty good on my first day back on the job. The only problem was that the first day off of the couch in 2 days happened to be a super busy day all morning and including a lecture and long session in the cadaver lab this afternoon so even at the start of lecture, I was starting to feel my gas tank empty and by the end of lab I was spent. I eventually snuck out of lab a half hour early and headed home to recuperate a little before this evenings activities.


I hadn't told the girls where we were going tonight exactly so when I got home, they were just getting up from nap and as I sat them down to eat an early dinner, I told them not only were we going to see Melody (which they already knew) but that we were going to the planetarium. From that announcement I literally got one of those priceless reactions where Juneau starts into a slow motion smile that keeps getting bigger and bigger until it looks like her face is going to turn inside out. It was awesome.


Of course, at the planetarium it was a joyous reunion as if the girls hadn't seen each other for years. It makes my day every week to see Juneau and Melody get so excited when they first see each other.
While we were waiting in line and headed into the planetarium, I saw the sign that the show was the same one we had seen the last time (I was assuming it was a different one). I told Beth "This is actually better because all they talk about are the Coyote and the T-Rex in the show so they'll be happier seeing the same one again anyway". Beth said "Yeah, I told Tim that is was the same show and he said 'I already saw that one, I want to see a different one' to which I replied 'It's not about what you want :)" - Melody will be 5 this summer....you'd think he would have that figured out by now.
3 girls - 2 seats...ready for the show.
After the show, we were all invited over to the observatory across the street since it was a clear night and all the kids got to look through the big telescope, much to their delight. Both Nova and Juneau were able to look through the eyepiece when I held them up and Juneau will proudly tell you that tonight she saw the Orion Nebula. It was super cool.


Nova was tired and on the verge of tears at several points throughout the night...still recovering from the week. But, we hit Coldstone for ice cream after the show and hopped up on sugar, they were ready to run around outside even though it was 9:30.
Goodnight hugs...

Even though we live literally 5 minutes from this Coldstone, Nova was so tired that by the time I pulled into the driveway, she was already asleep.

1 comments:

Joe and Amy said...

Where is the planetarium? Is it on the windward side? I live in Kailua with my 2 little girls.