The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 110 / 86 To Go: Dog Days

Posted by: Cris

Adding 3 more kids to the equation has definitely livened life up even more. Sunday night, I heard the dogs fussing about something down in the yard. I walked down to check on them and found: Two muddy dogs attempting to dig "something" out from underneath the edge of the koi pond.

Denali is well on his way to becoming the red husky Sherpa used to be when we lived in Hawaii. I may actually give him a bath this weekend and try to get back the black and white.

My guess is they chased a gecko or something down under the edge and decided that they thought they could get to it with a good ole' digging session.
I had built this temporary grate over the smal koi pond to keep the dogs from drinking out of it. Denali must have decided it felt cool to lay over top of the water because he laid there hovering over the pond all afternoon.
Summit has happily found her niche in her new home...not surprising.

After I got the box in the mail from my parents with the dog's leashes, we decided to take them out for their first walk around the neighborhood last evening.
I had my hands full with the Huskies so Juneau & Nova were in charge of Summit and happily walked together holding hands "to be safe on the road."
Luckily we live on a dead-end road which is a good thing but on the side of a mountain which means any walk means lots of very steep hills. The girls (and dogs) all had a blast on the first walk around the neighborhood...daddy on the other hand would have preferred another set of adult hands to help corral the menagerie.
Finally, the major downside of living on the side of the hill became evident yesterday when I needed to start getting ready to fill the fence post holes I dug in the bottom yard with concrete. That meant 12 trips from the driveway, down about a 50 vertical foot drop through the jungle to the lower yard carrying 60 lb bags of cement then back up to the top for the next bag. All told: 720 lbs moved from the back of my truck to the shed on the bottom deck. The bad news, I still probably need 12-15 more bags...making my legs sore just thinking about it.

1 comments:

Dad & Mom said...

CRIS!!! What have you done to OUR kids?