The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 155 / 42 To Go: The Longest Day...

Posted by: Cris Last night at 9:30, I figured out that the float switch on the sump pump wasn't working - luckily before more than the tiniest bit of water overflowed. So, I pulled the pump out but it was too late ot make it to Home Depot. I needed to be to work early so luckily, I found out Home Depot opened at 5:00 a.m. so I got up at 4:30, drove over the mountain to Honolulu, ran into Home Depot and grabbed a switch, back over the mountain, fixed and reinstalled the pump by about 6:30...quick shower...saw the girls for a few minutes then headed off to work. The girls had a fun day at home...Juneau with the crossed leg thing going. My cute princess in her favorite princess nightgown. The last few days I've been in a containment battle with a couple of dogs. Summit has found a couple of holes to wriggle through and today, ended up at the front door scratching to get in. Denali has figured a couple ways to get into the lower yard and tonight Nelson actually had to carry him under one arm up the ladder from the lower yard to the upper yard. So, Summit spent most of the day inside today, much to her delight. Definitely...much to Summit's delight to be inside for naptime. The morning for me was extremely busy and I was rushing down to the Med School for my 1:30 lecture. I got out of the lab at 4:30, raced in rush hour traffic back over the mountain to our house to get the girls who were ready and waiting. I didn't even shut off the the truck but threw the girls inside and headed back over to Honolulu for dinner with Melody and the gang (minus Aunt Wallie and Oma this week :( at the Ala Moana Center. The top floor of the Ala Moana Center provided the best seat yet for watching the fireworks. By the time we stumbled back home tonight at 9:00, the girls were tired and Daddy too. The girls are super excited that tomorrow is finally Saturday because all week they've known that Saturday means slumber party with sleeping on the couch and watching a movie with daddy.

0 comments: