The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 161 / 36 To Go: Thankful for tomorrow

Posted by: Cris

Hawaii has been hit the last few days by late winter storms which has provided some good views as they come in over the ocean. Last night I would have loved to be able to take good lightning pictures as there was quite the display out over the ocean. Today was a super long day and I barely got to see the girls. On Thursdays we make the grad students show up for a research seminar at 6:30 a.m. Then after a busy morning, I had a meeting that started at 3:00. We are doing some collaborative research with Tripler Army Medical Center (Emilie's home for residency) which meant I was in the meeting for the long haul because as you some of you know, the Colonel we were meeting with gets to end up deciding how long the meeting lasts even if it is 5:15. But, it was actually a really good meeting...the only downside being I didn't pull into the driveway until 6:00. Nova was unbelievably in the middle of eating some vegetables...the fact that she was being bribed by Nelson with a Hershey's kiss should not detract from the accomplishment at all. She quickly asked me to feed her the last few bites. I did get to sit down on the floor and do some building with Juneau and Nova which was super fun. Tomorrow morning, I am blowing off work (actually I don't have anything on my schedule so there's nothing to really blow off) and meeting Beth and Melody at the Discovery Center. After today, it will be awesome to be able to spend the whole morning with my girls. The Discovery Center is luckily next door to the medical school so Aunt Beth has volunteered to take the girls while I jet over for my class. I told the girls we had something special planned for tomorrow but figured I'd never get them to go to sleep if I actually told them what it was.

0 comments: