Posted by: Cris
Happy Easter!! And who is this little Easter Cutie? I can see a little bit of Nova in that smile!
There is a lot to catch up on first: Back to Friday night
Some cousin fun with Melody
PEEPS!!!!!!
Saturday morning brought the chance for a tea party with mommy...
...and daddy agreed to let the girls get their toenails and fingernails painted for Easter.
Thank God for my mother-in-law. I've been able to get so much done already and I feel like I might actually make it to the point where I'm ready to leave in 19 days. This weekend I got the corner fence and this awesome gate built. I've done a crappy job with taking "before" pictures but believe me, this is a huge improvement functionally and aesthetically and once it is painted, look out!
Look who just woke up from nap!
Saturday night slumber party...Grandma tried to stay up and watch Shrek Forever After with the girls...
...but didn't make it.
Sunday morning...ready for church.
One of the highlights of Nova's day was finding out her feet were now big enough to wear the Dora sandals. She's been waiting for this day for quite awhile including having to watch Juneau get to wear them. You can't even imagine the excited reaction when we tried them on her this morning and they fit.


Walking in to church...

New Hope at the Neal Blaisdell Center Arena for Easter.

Internationally known inspirational speaker Nick Vujicic spoke this morning and it was good but I was actually wanting to hear our own internationally known pastor, Wayne Cordeiro. Nick is interesting though because he was born with tetra-amelia, a condition in which he has no arms or legs. An interesting guy - worth a Google of his name or a view of his youtube videos.
Mandatory pictures after church:
The girls fell asleep on the way home from church (from being up late for slumber party and then being forced to be up and ready for church to be out the door by 7:15).
Juneau got up first and was happy to see her Easter present - these awesome new beach toys:

Then while waiting for Nova to wake up so we could eat lunch, Juneau and Grandma make banana muffins.


And daddy cooked lunch...Give me a grill and a rice cooker and I can actually feed my family.
Finally Nova woke up and loved seeing her new beach toys too.
While Grandma and the girls cleaned up the table after lunch, daddy headed out to prepare the Easter egg hunt (with help from 2 Huskies).
What a yummy chocolate bunny...I'll just have 1 little bite!
Okay Daddy! We're ready for the Easter Egg Hunt!!
And they're off!!




For some reason, Juneau had been asking ALL week (ever since we colored eggs) that I "hide one in a tree".






You could tell these two are siblings close in age who are used to having to share everything. As they hunted eggs, you heard "This one is orange and you like orange Juneau so you take it" or "Here is a pink one Nova, you come get it because you like pink!"




Surveying the loot:
The Huskies did a thorough check to see if we missed any.
Finally, we got to talk to mommy tonight on Skype to bring to an end a perfect Easter Day!!










0 comments:
Post a Comment