Posted by: Cris
This morning's cooking class was donuts once again... Nova decided she wouldn't eat much other breakfast so she could save room for the important donut food group
Today however, Grandma brought the girls out for lunch and brought me some tacos so I sat down and ate with them and then she returned in the middle of the afternoon with a sandwhich and leftover cookies from last night. It was the most well-fed workday I've had since the days when Mammaw Nova or my mom would bring a basket full of food out to the field while we were working on the farm and we'd eat on the tailgate of the pick-up in between rounds.
Last night I had told Grandma that we'd likely go out to dinner with Melody and gang Friday night because, well, that's just what we do...but that I didn't know where yet. I told her Beth would text me early afternoon and we'd decide then.
Sure enough, I was working when at 1:10, my text sound went off and I said, "that must be Beth". Sure enough...
Everyone else bailed on getting together so it was just Tim and Beth and Melody and us so we decided to drive ALLLLLLLLLL the way to the other side of the island to our old neighborhood and eat at our favorite little Italian restaurant, "Auntie Pasto's". As we were driving there, Grandma said "So Tim and Beth and his mom will be there?". I said, "No, Aunt Wallie went home a couple weeks ago." and Grandma said "Oh, I just assumed she lived here." :) I explained that for six months, she kind of did. At dinner when I relayed the story Tim explained it as "She winter's here."
I got the camera all ready before we left...and walked out the door without it.
So, all I have is a lousy cell phone picture from this Friday's events (Sorry Aunt Wallie).
Many a Friday night dinner has ended like this: the girls all gathered around a cell phone watching a cartoon.Grandma has an elaborate plan made for Easter and tomorrow has been dubbed the preparation day...so stay tuned.



1 comments:
Emilie, (cris too)
You can be assured that cris gets his eating habits from his dad. He could go days without eating if he is busy on a project.
Post a Comment