Posted by: Cris Today was another lazy Sunday recovering from a late night of slumber partying. That didn't stop the girls from waking up at 7:00 a.m. though. Our events from the day included a SUPER long bath - Juneau and Nova were having so much fun they refused to get out - and a trip to get groceries. Yes, the day was as exciting as it sounds...try not to be jealous. Once again, I ended up laying down on the bed with the girls for a few minutes and next thing I knew, we had all been asleep for 2 hours. One of the girls favorite songs is the "teamwork" song from The Wonder Pets. And they definitely know the concept as well. They are constantly doing things like working together to move their table around while singing "What's gonna work?...Team-work!"
Juneau with her super scary face...
With today marking the 40 day countdown and lots of changes coming in the weeks ahead (Nelson and Katy leave in about 10 days then Grandma comes, then Aunt Coral, then we fly back to Ohio), I decided it was close enough to start preparing Juneau and Nova for what lies ahead. So, after bath, I pulled out these items we'd had waiting for them...new mommy dolls and a couple of books that are written for kids of deployed soldiers...one of them specifically discussing their loved one coming home and getting them ready for the change.
Nova was beyond giddy about these new presents and we read these books several times throughout the day. She also was adamant on carrying her new mommy doll not only along in the truck but also into the NEX. After reading these 2 books again at bedtime tonight, I told them all about the crazy schedule that lies ahead and I think they actually understand that a bunch of stuff outside the norm is coming but how they handle it all remains to be seen. They definitely know that mommy is coming home soon and that Nova's birthday is the marker for when mommy arrives!!



0 comments:
Post a Comment