The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 156 / 41 To Go: Slumber Party

Posted by: Cris This morning, I loaded up the truck with 2 little girls and some stuff I had to return and headed to Home Depot. A couple minutes after leaving, Nelson called and said Denali and Summit had come up the hill to the front door. This has been the times when Denali has been escaping - after he hears me up at the top of the hill at the front of the house. He busts out trying to get up there to see me. So, the whole gang spent some time in the house today. Denali and Summit are like little kids with each other...constantly picking at and playing with each other.

Denali gets a bit wild and will smother Summit or put his jaws around her whole body and she'll yelp at him to stop but then she jumps right back for more.
Sherpa is too mature for all their shenanigans usually.


I was at a loss because I haven't been able to figure out how Denali was escaping. So, I went out in front of the house for awhile and made noise and made sure he saw me then ran back in onto the lanai and watched him from above. He had been jumping over the short fence even though it is quite a drop down onto the steps down to the lower yard. I had blocked the short fence down part of the way until it dropped off farther than I thought he'd jump but apparently not far enough. So, we blocked off the short fence a bit farther and then did the test again and this time, he looked at how far he had to jump and retreated. The bottom line is I'm going back a couple steps and changing plans for how much redesign I'm doing on the upper yard fence...no husky is going to outsmart me!!
While I was working out in the garage for awhile today, the girls prepared for any possible tsunami's that might be approaching.
They actually asked if they could pretend these were their climbing harnesses...I'm so proud!
Tonight we got back to our new tradition of Saturday night slumber party...I'm going to get as many weeks of snuggling on the couch in before next fall and I'm laying on the couch on Saturday nights by myself :(
We are watching Toy Story 2 right now but based on how tired Nova looked during the opening credits, I'm not sure she'll make it through the whole thing tonight.

I have no doubt Juneau will still be wide awake at the end of the movie.


It is hard to believe that if things go as planned, Emilie will be leaving Afghanistan in less than 1 month. We are hoping that she doesn't get delayed any...so far so good...but some of the other people from her unit who were supposed to be leaving in the next couple weeks have already been pushed back a bit because the unit who is replacing them, who just so happens to be coming from here in Hawaii, has been delayed in starting to arrive in Afghanistan.


I guess I shouldn't be surprised that even the military units from here are on "Hawaii time" (...for those unfamiliar with that term, it basically means "I'll get there when I get there.")

0 comments: