The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 13: There Will Be Blood...

Posted by: Cris

It started this morning while I was getting ready for work...the chicken caws sounded closer than normal. I tried looking out into the yard but it wasn't completely light yet so I didn't see where the calls were coming from precisely.

But, when I got home this afternoon, roaming around the backyard was: ...and the momma and chicks.

The only thing I could think about was the 2 Huskies who can't wait to get here and and "make friends". I'm going to feel bad the first time Denali nails one of the little ones but it's only a matter of time until the carnage ensues.

One thing I forgot to include in yesterday's adventures was our trip to Moe's. It is amazing what a mark the previous incident has made on Juneau because even though we have been back there once for her to experience redemption, she still regularly asks to go eat at the place where she can "get that cookie."

So, before hitting Home Depot yesterday, we stopped at Moe's.
Nova thought that dipping the chips in her black beans was a BRILLIANT idea. And of course, the entire point of the trip...Juneau gets her cookie.
Finally, I got to talk to Emilie for 4.5 minutes this morning and she was getting ready to get on a plane to her final destination so I'm hoping by now she is there. It would be pushing noon on Thursday for her and I hope her first day in her new temporary home is off to a good start.
We miss you mommy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you to your wife for serving our country. The sacrafices each of these soldiers make every day to protect our country and allow us our freedom sends chills down my spine every time I think of it. I don't comment often, but, have followed you all from the beginning of your adoption journey...our youngest (now 11-1/2 yrs. old) was born in Hoi An...Happy Veterans Day - tell your wife, Thank YOu! Linda Larson

Laurie said...

The new house looks AMAZING!!! I can't get over the view. Chris, you're gonna kill yourself mowing that damn lawn though. We're really missing you guys out here, but we just had our first snowfall (pretty wimpy one, but still) and I know Em isn't missing that at all:) Think about you guys often and can't wait until Emily comes home and we get out there for a visit.

Dania Efird said...

Emilie & Cris: thank you so much for serving our country. It is such a sacrafice that you family makes while Emilie is away and I commend you for doing it without (at least publicly!) much of a grumble or complaint! God bless!