Posted by: Cris
Today was super busy and tiring. I spent most of the day working on a construction project with my friend Sean - the project was to stabilize the giant support beam under fellow UH professor Dr. Kimura's house. This project involved getting all the guys in the KRS department to pitch in to lift a 1200 lb steel beam off of a truck, into the garage under her place and fit up into place 8 feet off the ground. While I was doing all of this, the girls had a great time playing with Auntie Iris and Auntie Kathy. This also meant that the girls didn't nap until we were on the way home...at 5:00 pm.
We rushed home because my friends were coming over to cook-out and watch UFC 122 tonight. Becca, Bret and Brad keeping me company on Saturday evening.
The girls 20 minute nap in the car wasn't quite all they needed so they were a little irritable but they were glad their buddy Julian came over to play tonight.
Bret and I are the actual MMA fans but I was super glad Becca and Brad came over to hang out tonight as well. We were reminiscing about how last time Becca watched a UFC event (hosted by me also) that within a few hours, she was at the hospital in labor (and Julian was born exactly 3 weeks after Nova)...it just brings it out in her.
So, even though Becca is currently ZERO weeks pregnant, Brad was still going to be keeping an eye on her tonight.
The girls and I have had a pretty good week. Luckily the Buckeyes came back with 35 unanswered points in the 2nd half to prevent the weekend from being marked by a dark cloud (Ohio State 38 - Penn State 14)



2 comments:
haha! i remember that UFC fight that sent Becca into labor. looks like you guys had fun! glad to see you are staying busy!
love, the mama
Lucky for me, my labor hasn't progressed and I get to go to work today:) JK
Post a Comment