Posted by: Cris
As of this morning, we have officially entered back into the indebtedness of home ownership. After several delays for a variety of reasons, the offical recording of the change of ownership for our house occurred today. So this view is now officially ours...well, in another 30 years it's ours.
Everyday I'm a little more thrilled about our new home. Part of that has come from getting to know the area and realizing that we now live in the country, or at least as country as Oahu has to offer. As exhibit A - our entire neighborhood has wild chickens all over the place. I've pretty much adapted to the wake-up calls starting at 4:30 every morning - just like the trains we used to live within earshot of in Colorado, I've learned to tune them out. However, this morning, a chicken call woke me up and I looked at my watch and it was 2:30 AND PITCH DARK! Seriously?
Today was election day and apart from the favorable results, it was also good because for some reason, UH cancels school every two years on national election day. So, I got to be home all day with the girls...which also meant working on a few projects around the house.
Number 1 on the list was getting the curtains put up in Juneau & Nova's new room so they could finally move out of my room, off of the air mattress and into their new room complete with new sissy bed.



1 comments:
the curtains look nice :) and more importantly hopefully they will keep the room nice and dark until at least 7 a.m.! glad to see the girls snuggled up in their new room.
Post a Comment