Posted by: Cris
Today has been super busy as should be evident by the fact that I'm making this post at 1:00 a.m. Hawaii time...some of you on the east coast are already getting out of bed (although tonight was "fall back" night on the clocks for you guys so we are now only 5 hours behind eastern time until next spring.)
Tonight on the way home from the grocery someone pulled up next to me at a light and told me I had no taillights. So, I drove home with the flashers on and after putting the girls to bed, had to set to work finding the problem. A fuse on a very complicated circuit had blown and kept blowing when I tried to replace it. I had visions of spending all night tonight and all day tomorrow under the van tracing the wires from the back of the van to the fuse box looking for the smallest bare wire that was causing the short. Luckily, with some crafty maneuvering I was able to figure out which branch of the wiring harness it was and just trace that one so it only took until about midnight...except since I have only a fraction of my tools here with me in Hawaii at the moment, the lack of 6 inches of electrical tape is preventing me from fixing it completely until tomorrow morning.
I came back in from the garage expecting to type a blog and go to bed but suddenly, my Skype started ringing at it was Emilie! I had talked to her earlier today on the phone from the USO club in Kuwait - they actually have a domestic phone line with an Atlanta area code...don't ask me how that works.
So, we have been skyping tonight (can Skype be a verb now?)...in fact, I am literally looking at her on my screen right now as I type this post. Don't believe me - check this out:
Awesome!!!
I wanted to mention for the sake of our very dear friends Travis and Laurie (and crew) in Denver that tonight, for the entire 30 minute van ride from home to the Naval Exchange Commissary, Juneau and Nova had a conversation in the back of the van about Jackson, Shane and Finley...How old they are, how we had cupcakes at their house, how we hit that pinata, etc. etc. etc....We all SUPER miss you guys!!
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Day 9: Skype from Kuwait!!
Posted by Cris and Em at 1:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment