The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 20: Zoo Pictorial

Posted by: Cris

In response to yesterday's post, I got a fair amount of blowback regarding the aforementioned ongoing frog holocaust in our yard. I was half expecting to hear from PETA today as a result of Shabnam turning me in for amphibian abuse.

The girls had a great day at the zoo...without me. Katy and Nelson took the girls to the zoo along with explicit instructions to take pictures for mommy to see. Since I wasn't there, I don't have any stories to tell about that part of the day so here's the pictures and you can make up your own story.

I'll start you off...apparently Nova wasn't all that excited to be getting out of the van when they first arrived at the zoo...
























As tired as Nova looks in that last picture, when I got home from work, she still was not asleep for her nap. She had even been moved to my room because she was keeping Juneau awake. I went down to check on her and when I asked her if she wanted me to lay with her to take a nap, she got so excited that she really wasn't about to go to sleep then. I did get quite a bit of awesome cuddling and hugs though. I laid there for about 1.5 hours with her and even though I dozed on and off a bit, everytime I woke up she was still awake so I don't think she actually ever slept.
We had to run out to the NEX tonight for midweek groceries and as expected, Nova fell asleep on the way home:
Juneau was still awake and when I took Nova's picture, Juneau asked me to take a picture of her and show it to her. I said, "okay do something cute for me to take a picture of to show mommy" at which point she walked directly over to the edge of the refrigerator and did this little model pose of her own accord...what a charmer!


1 comments:

Cris and Em said...

what a fun zoo day! they look so cute! i love all the pics!!!
mommy