The Stickley family adventures started in Hawaii in 2005 when Cris and Emilie were married. The real excitement began in May 2008, when Nova was born. 2 short months later, our little June-Bug joined the family from all the way in Vietnam. The next few crazy years included Emilie being deployed to Afghanistan, while Cris and the girls moved back to Hawaii, then a long year of living apart (and a lot of trips across the Pacific Ocean), while Emilie remained in Colorado to complete her Army committment, and Cris had to stay in Hawaii for his job at the University.

In the summer of 2012, little Jude joined our family, and the whole gang reunited for good in Hawaii!

Follow our adventures, as we try to keep track of life with our 3 crazy kids, while keeping our friends and family updated on the happenings here in Hawaii!

Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 18: 10% done?

Posted by: Cris

Today, I was able to do some advanced calculus using a slide rule, a compass and a high-powered statistical program to determine that if we are banking on Emilie being gone 180 days then at the end of today (day 18) we are 10% done with our time apart. If it turns out that April 15th (or so) comes through then we are actually a little better...but I'll go with 180 days for now and be surprised if it ends up being less.

Today was a 14 hour work day so I only saw the girls for a short bit of time this morning. Juneau has taken to getting up in the morning and coming down to my room and opening the door - Generally she does like she did this morning and say "I went upstairs but you weren't up there so I opened your door." Without fail, on the days I don't go into work at 6:00 (before they are up), they both end up in bed with me in the morning and want to "watch a show."

This morning we had a great time talking to mommy on Skype for awhile.

In spite of how well things have gone so far with transitioning to not having mommy around, it apparently has had some effect. For about the last week, at least once per day (and generally more), Juneau will stop what she's doing, look me square in the eye and say to me (very seriously): "Daddy, don't leave me." Of course she always get the most overwhelming reassurance but it is at the same time so sweet and kind of sad.

This photo was actually taken in response to: "Daddy, take a picture of me with my giraffe under the table."...so I did.

0 comments: