Posted by: Cris
Because I am only working 2 days this week, today was a super long day. So, I left the house at 6am, worked in my office for awhile, worked in the lab for awhile and unfortunately didn't get away from the lab until 4:30 which meant I was smack dab in the middle of Honolulu "day before Thanksgiving" traffic. By the time I finally got home 50 minutes later, it meant not much time with the girls this evening before bedtime.
So, we enjoyed a nice dinner of Mickey Mouse chicken nuggets from Costco (Nova's new favorite food in the whole world) We finally got box of stuff we had to have my parents ship to us from Ohio because we couldn't get it in our suitcases. Nova was THRILLED to see her Little Einstein's Rocket and dolls in there.
Finally we calmed down for a bit of a snuggle on the couch and a little t.v. before bedtime:
Breaking News: Nova LOVES chocolate!!
I came upstairs to sit and work on crunching data from the lab today (don't feel sorry for me - I get to sit here and do math) and about 15 minutes later Nova came walking up the stairs and said "Good morning Daddy!" - Nice try but it's not time to go to Melody's house yet.
We will be sad to not be able to spend the day with mommy on Thanksgiving tomorrow but we will have a very full day of playing with Melody and enjoying Thanksgiving dinner with the Hawaii branch of our family followed by Second Thanksgiving in the evening at the "orphans dinner" that the other professor in my program throws every year for our grad students who can't go home for Thanksgiving. This is actually better than in previous years when we also had our get together with our Tripler friends and had to squeeze in 3 Thanksgiving dinners (and then try to squeeze into our pants for the rest of the week)
By tomorrow night, you will likely see pictures of 2 tired girls (and 1 tired daddy).



0 comments:
Post a Comment