Posted by: Cris
Fortunately, when the girls woke up at 6:30 this morning, I was able to convince them it was a good idea to sit and watch a couple episodes of Dora on the computer while I watched the beginning of the Ohio State - Michigan game uninterrupted. But, that only lasted so long and they were clamoring for breakfast. It is funny because they have recently realized they LOVE Cap'n Crunch. And because I'm no where near making the finals for "parent of the year", I acquiesce to their request to put bulk Lucky Charms marshmallows from the Amish store on top of them.
After breakfast, Juneau went out on the lanai and realized that I had planted 2 more pineapples during their nap yesterday. She literally went out and sat down and just looked at them for about 10 minutes.
For quite awhile, the girls' big thing has been: One of them gets in trouble for something - for example: Juneau is kicking the back of the seat in the car and doesn't listen when told to stop until finally she gets in trouble. Nova then says "I wasn't kicking the seat dad" - And they both play both roles in this little scenario regularly. Juneau is especially bad at playing the "I didn't do it" part.
So, lately I've been getting on Juneau about it. At first, it was such a habit it was still her "go to" move but I kept getting on her (more harshly sometimes) until now, when Nova gets in trouble for something, Juneau says "I didn't say 'I didn't do it'"...I don't think she has caught on to what I'm trying to accomplish here.
The biggest events of the day revolved around what was happening in Columbus, Ohio. And for the 7th year in a row, the Buckeyes rolled to victory over that hated team from up north - this time in another blowout. The non-Buckeyes out there might think that drubbing a team over and over every year would get a little old, boring, and unfulfilling after a while.
To which I offer this story in response:
In 1968, with Ohio State already up 42-14 on Michigan, the Buckeyes scored another touchdown. Woody Hayes called for a 2-point conversion (instead of simply kicking the extra point) which was converted. When asked after they game why he did it, in typical Woody Hayes fashion he answered: "Because the rules wouldn't let us go for 3".
GO BUCKEYES!!



1 comments:
classic post from daddy :)
and they are definately the cutest little buckeyes in hawaii!
love,
mommy
Post a Comment