Posted by: Cris
The girls love the days I don't go to work early. They jump in bed with me and cuddle and generally I let them watch an episode of Dora or a little bit of Monsters, Inc. They especially like Mondays because, since I have to go to work at some point, I have to use the shows to distract them a little extra time so I can get in the shower and do my "once-a-week" shave so I can look presentable to teach class. Despite what can seem like constant antagonizing each other, when it comes down to it, these 2 are best buds and love each other (the holding hands was not staged - believe it or not)
Take 1 -
Take 2 -
Take 3 - Okay, that's about as good as we're going to get...

Coming back to Hawaii, getting a new pineapple garden up and growing was one of the things I was looking forward to. Today, I got the first one (of hopefully many) started.
I'm hoping that this side of the island isn't too wet for them to grow well but I'm going to try. The problem is, it takes patience - this little fellow won't produce his first pineapple for another 18 months or so.
Finally, from the title you are wondering who exactly I found. This will be the best news of the day for Emilie. Throughout our marriage, there has only ever been 1 single person who could cut my hair at an acceptable outcome for Emilie. When we left Hawaii, we left my hair-cutter Tracey behind and spent a year in Colorado looking for someone that could live up to her standards. While I was back here in Hawaii on a business trip last fall, I tried to get in to get my haircut but Tracey had left her previous salon and was nowhere to be found so we were bummed thinking we'd never find her again.
But, today while unpacking a box in my office, I found her business card from her previous employer and on the back she had written her cell phone - I took a chance and texted her. She was thrilled to hear from me and had tried to let me know she moved to a different salon but had problems getting through on my cell.
Long story short, Emilie had already put Becca in charge of making sure I didn't grow any weird facial hair combinations while she is gone, but now there's also a good chance that I won't go the whole 6 months Emilie is gone without getting a haircut like I was threatening!
Our long time followers will remember the sizable pineapple garden I had built up at our previous house in Hawaii. I had about 6 mature plants that each had kicked out a pineapple twice before we moved and I still was getting pictures last year in Colorado from my former neighbor of pineapples being produced.
Juneau was 19 months old when we took this picture of our previous pineapple garden - was she ever that little?
Coming back to Hawaii, getting a new pineapple garden up and growing was one of the things I was looking forward to. Today, I got the first one (of hopefully many) started.Finally, from the title you are wondering who exactly I found. This will be the best news of the day for Emilie. Throughout our marriage, there has only ever been 1 single person who could cut my hair at an acceptable outcome for Emilie. When we left Hawaii, we left my hair-cutter Tracey behind and spent a year in Colorado looking for someone that could live up to her standards. While I was back here in Hawaii on a business trip last fall, I tried to get in to get my haircut but Tracey had left her previous salon and was nowhere to be found so we were bummed thinking we'd never find her again.
But, today while unpacking a box in my office, I found her business card from her previous employer and on the back she had written her cell phone - I took a chance and texted her. She was thrilled to hear from me and had tried to let me know she moved to a different salon but had problems getting through on my cell.
Long story short, Emilie had already put Becca in charge of making sure I didn't grow any weird facial hair combinations while she is gone, but now there's also a good chance that I won't go the whole 6 months Emilie is gone without getting a haircut like I was threatening!



0 comments:
Post a Comment